CERTIFIED MANAGER (CM)
This professional program is designed in association with Chartered Management Institute and helps professionals in attaining a certificate of ‘Certified Manager’ from Chartered Management Institute, UK.
The purpose of the programme is to equip professionals with the competence required to implement their organisations strategies. It is aimed at developing a basic understanding of the different fields of management (i.e. general management, economics, people management, financial management and marketing) and visionary leadership to ensure that managers do not perform their own management functions in isolation.
- Identify and supervise financial management decisions within own organization.
- Identify and understand the key elements of a successful value chain.
- Identify and apply systemic decision-making processes to be implemented.
- Explain the value of applying service marketing concepts.
- Analyze own organizations policies and practices to
determine the extent to which it promotes equal and fair
treatment of all people.
- Describe the leader’s role in leading individuals and teams to
successfully achieve business goals.
- Explain the role of coaching and feedback within the overall
performance management process within own organization.
Upon the successful completion of the program the participants will learn how to :
- Assess leadership requirements.
- Plan the development of leadership skills.
- Assess personal and professional skills required to achieve
- Conduct a skills audit to identify learning style.
- Implement a personal development plan.
- Assess the performance of the business in meeting its
- Develop an implementation plan to enhance relationships
with strategic partners.
- Develop an understanding of the background to organisational
- Plan to implement models for ensuring on going change.
- Analyse the meaning of economics and economic systems,
and how economics influences all stakeholders in society.
- Evaluate how and why economic policy decisions are made
and determine the impact of such decisions on the managerial
- Analyse the concepts and principles of marketing in a way
that demonstrates understanding of the “bigger picture”
perspective of the role of marketing in the management
- Articulate the vision in a marketing context.
- Develop marketing objectives.
- Select the most appropriate methodologies and tools for
each section of the project plan and motivate why they are
- Explain the key success factors for running projects on time,
within budget and using the appropriate project administration
tools and techniques
- Identify the financial implications for making decisions.
- Interpret financial statements.
- Identify growth opportunities through financial results and
report the results of a financial analysis.
- Identify the components of a set of financial statements as
well as their objectives and interrelationships.