PG Certificate in Education International
An international qualification for teaching excellence designed to develop teaching skills and knowledge when working with a diverse student body.
The PGCEi Postgraduate Certificate in Education (International) is aimed at professional teachers and practitioners working in countries other than the UK.
Westford University College, UAE, is a validated institutional partner of Liverpool John Moores University, UK, to promote, enroll, teach and deliver the programs to students in Education, including the PGCEi and the MA.Ed Leadership program. TAITO Education and Exeed College, subsidiary brands of Westford, carry out promotion, marketing and business development of the programs in the region to help Westford acquire the target learners.
PGCEi focuses on improving individual teaching practice through research and critical reflection. Compare teaching approaches from different countries and evolve a global approach to teaching and education.
As per the current regulations governing the education industry, teachers in the UAE are highly recommended to hold a PGCEi (level 7) qualification in order to further their career. Teachers and educational practitioners from all backgrounds, regardless of the subject and the curriculum – they teach in, can join the program.
PGCEi Coursework focuses on practical strategies such as:
- Enhancing leadership capabilities while remaining in the classroom
- Planning, delivery and critical evaluation of innovative teaching, learning and assessment
- Encouraging student involvement
- Improving student achievement
Currency Converter 10, August 2022
Let's Get Connected!
Request for Demo Class
Chat with Student
Speak To Advisor
Want to Know more?
PG Certificate in Education International: This pathway is designed for learners who intend to specialize in Education International.
Code: 7001EDUI | Credits: 20
- Aims to critically examine different perspectives, models and theories of reflective practice and reflexivity, and consider the implications for your own professional practice.
- To support growth of personal and professional development through critical evaluation of learning and reflection on experience in your teaching and promoting a leadership stance in your practice.
After completing this module, you should be able to:
- Critically explore theories and concepts relevant to reflection, reflexivity, and personal and professional development in the context of educational practice.
- Review, analyse and critically evaluate the learner’s role(s) as an educational professional and plan appropriate strategies to develop in this area.
- Evidence of your ability to support and promote learner experience through mentoring and/or leading others.
Code: 7002EDUI | Credits: 20
- To deepen knowledge and critical understanding of principles and theories relating to education, teaching, and learning.
- To identify and apply strategies and methods which translate into effective teaching, learning, and assessment practices in the educational environment.
After completion of this module, you should be able to:
- Identify and critically discuss a range of educational theories, principles, and pedagogical approaches to education, teaching, and learning.
- Critically evaluate personal & educational practices, synthesizing relevant theories and considering implications for training in your professional environment.
- Evidence planning, delivery and critical evaluation of innovative teaching, learning and assessment strategies.
Code: 7003EDUI | Credits: 20
Aims to develop knowledge and understanding of issues and barriers to learning and recognise dilemmas of access and equity in education in order to inform effective strategies for learning; with particular emphasis on inclusive pedagogy as a framework for teacher development.
After completing this module, you should be able to:
- Distinguish between, and evaluate, different perspectives and proposed responses to educational and social problems/issues that can affect learning and progression
- Critically evaluate notions of transformative learning and how these may relate to principles of social justice
- Interpret and critically appraise own resourcefulness and application of professional curiosity and inquiry to enable inclusive pedagogy for teacher development and practice
- Develop, implement and evaluate strategies to support positive educational experiences and outcomes for all learners
Live & interactive lectures by expert faculties
Recorded session for offline viewing
World-class curriculum by eminent faculty
Regular webinars by industry leaders
Assignments for module assessments
Easy-to-use LMS accessible anywhere
Online library to further enhance your knowledge
Dissertation on your area of research work
What our learners have to say
What you’ll get as a Masters student with Exeed College
About LJMUFounded as a small mechanics institution (Liverpool Mechanics’ School of Arts) in 1823, the institution grew over the centuries by converging and amalgamating with different colleges, including the F.L.Calder School of Domestic Science, the City of Liverpool C.F. Mott Training College, before eventually becoming Liverpool Polytechnic in 1970. The University also has a long history of providing training, education, and research to the maritime industry, dating back to the formation of the Liverpool Nautical College in 1892. The institution then became a university under the terms of the Further and Higher Education Act 1992 and changed name to “Liverpool John Moores University” (LJMU). LJMU’s academic partnerships include further education colleges, hospital trusts, public services and private companies, as well as other universities in Europe, Asia and the USA, with which it collaborates on world-leading research projects and study abroad opportunities for students. Today, with a vibrant community of over 23,000 students from over 100 countries world-wide, 2,400 staff and 250 degree courses, Liverpool John Moores University is one of the largest, most dynamic and forward-thinking universities in the UK. LJMU was awarded the Queen’s Anniversary Prize in 2005. LJMU is a founding member of the Northern Consortium, an educational charity, owned by eleven universities in the north of England.
If you’d like to gain the complete skill set to succeed in today’s business world, this is the area for you.
- Age 20+ and gender is no bar. Be currently teaching and have access to a classroom (if not, we will provide placement support).
- Be committed to developing your teaching and learning skills through reflective practice in the field of education.
- They should be graduates of an approved university or any other institution of higher education.
- Applicants for whom English is not the medium of instruction of their first degree must have achieved a British Council IELTS average final score of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in any element not more than two years before admission.
- Applicants with lesser qualifications may be considered for ‘exceptional entry’. If you do not meet these criteria, you may contact us about a non-standard entry.
Westford University College has partnered with Liverpool John Moores University (LJMU) to market the PGCEi courses all around the world and Taito Education along with Exeed College will be delivering the PGCEi course. All three entities are part of Westford Education Group.
*Westford University College is a partner of Liverpool John Moores University. Exeed College is a part of Westford Education Group.
Our Alumni Work At
Speak to our Admission Team
As PGCEi is an international qualification for enhancing a teacher’s career, the accreditation of MoE, KHDA, or ADEK is not needed. To be eligible to work in UAE schools, you need to apply for the Teacher Licensing System (TLS). When you apply for jobs in an international curriculum school (American, British and IB curriculum), a western qualification like PGCEi is needed.
The duration of the qualification is six months.
3 to 4 months after completion of the course.
It will be informed during the induction; generally, two weeks are given.
No hidden charges. But for late submission of assignments, there is a penalty. Additional cost will be there if you want us to courier your certificate and attestation of the certificate.
Three assignments are there. Additional details will be discussed during orientation.
|Done locally on campus||Done from an international University|
|Classes are daily||Classes are once in a week|
|Cannot be done simultaneously with a job||Can be done simultaneously with your job|
As PGCEi is for international educators, Liverpool doesn’t offer PGCEi on campus.
Three intakes are there in a year – January, April, and September.
In case of postponement, there is a policy in place from the University. It is explained in detail in the orientation, or you may contact the administrator.
It will be discussed in detail during orientation.
We have a diverse set of trainers. LJMU approves all to deliver the qualification.
Generally, the trainers review the first and second drafts, and the feedback is given individually. If you face any issues, you can always contact the academics team.
You cannot skip instalments; if you do so, the Accounts Department blocks your LMS and restricts your class entrance.
Attestation can be provided for the UAE and the UK only from the following bodies:
- Certifications copy from Solicitor UK (on copy)
- Apostille stamp from Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO)
- Legalisation from UAE Embassy in London
- Attestation from Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Dubai UAE (MOFA)
Yes, it is better to do so for a better understanding of the course, and it helps with the assignments. If you are not working and do not have any experience, you can volunteer.
We suggest volunteering for any student who is not working now. We will be delivering two support sessions for new/aspiring teachers. One would be before the second module, and the other would be before the third module.
Yes, you can volunteer at our university, depending on your availability. We have partnered with a few schools for volunteering, which depends on the availability.
Yes, we do. But it depends upon the availability.
Within two months from the date of registration.
Differences mentioned above
You can get an attestation from MOFA (Ministry of Foreign Affairs) of any country and the UK.
The charge is AED 1500. It takes about a month to get it done.
The student is supposed to collect the certificate from our campus. But if you are an international student then we can courier your certificate. Courier charges to be borne by the student.
Classes are being delivered virtually until further notice.
We are a free zone establishment, so we do not need any accreditation from the MOE.
In the western education system, full-time courses are completed within a short time, but classes will not be there every day. Part-time courses are for a longer duration. Hence, we deliver it in 6 months in full-time mode.
Due to confidentiality reasons, we do not share the contact details of our students
We are all part of Westford Education Group.
Please visit the link – https://westfordeducation.com/our-institutions/
PGCEi – Level 7
PGCTL- Level 6
Considered in job requirements and adds value as a western qualification to get jobs in international schools
Not considered to get jobs, has no mention in any of the vacancies
Not recognized globally
Awarded from a reputable University
From a local institution, just shown as regulated internationally
No, it is not equivalent to a master’s as it is a certification.
Yes. We can share the sample.
Yes, AED 500 per student.
Yes, you can. But you need to incur additional charges on that.
Westford Education Group’s mission is to deliver international qualifications at an affordable rate to all aspiring educators.
Yes. You may.
No. To get the QTS/license of any particular country, you should be present in that country. Secondly, soon PGCEi will be awarded the iQTS, which is International Qualified Status, you can read more about it by clicking on this link – https://schoolsweek.co.uk/international-qts-proposal-gives-scitts-chance-to-expand-overseas/
The third module is relevant to the teaching license plus the support sessions would be of great help.
PGCEi is not delivered on campus as it is for international students.
Yes, you can join the course. Getting a job depends on your academic qualification and other requirements of the organization that you apply for.
PGCEi is a western qualification and helps you in getting jobs in international curriculum schools mostly. B. Ed is preferred in CBSE curriculum schools but a few of them do accept PGCEi as well.
Bachelor’s major subject + PGCEi makes you eligible to teach that subject, grades depend on your experience. With a bachelor’s, a person can reach up to secondary only. For higher levels, you should have at least a master’s degree + a teaching qualification.